Choose which voice to listen to: the one giving you 500 reasons not to get on the yoga mat, or the one who says "Today, I choose me".


Dear Friends,

Today I have a fun interview with Sadie Nardini, author of our popular online course HIIT Yoga Fusion. Over 33,000 students have taken this course so far with amazing results. Don't know what HIIT Yoga Fusion is? Read on!


Madisyn Taylor: Hi Sadie. Would you share with my audience a little about your personal story? I think it is important for my readers to understand your background.

Sadie Nardini: The most pivotal thing that literally knocked me onto the healing/empowerment path was the large man who accidentally jumped onto my head when he cannonballed from the side of the pool when I was 13. The impact broke my neck and spine in three places, and I was partially paralyzed for two years. It took my mom, a dusty old yoga book, and then 10 years of painstaking therapeutic meditation, conscious breathing, and yoga to get me strong enough to miraculously, as far as doctors were concerned, get me walking, then teaching, then sharing my knowledge with the world! It's been quite a ride, to say the least.

MT: I'm so glad you are back to good health and helping others now. Tell me how HIIT Yoga Fusion is different from your other DailyOM courses, and what the heck is yoga fusion anyway?

SN: A few years back, after 20 years of doing yoga, I noticed something disturbing: I was strong enough to hold a handstand for what seemed like forever, but I wasn't able to run up hills, join my brother for his morning run, or sprint to catch a plane (this skill is needed more often than one might think!). All of these activities confronted me with the fact that somehow, even after a near-daily and strong yoga practice, I was terribly out of cardiovascular shape. How could this be? As a movement expert, I knew this was a bad sign. Cardio, or how well we intake and process oxygen, is the foundation of all health, not how many minutes I could hold a plank pose or how straight my Warrior II was. Also, I work hard and I have little time in my busy schedule to add more workouts. I began to research the best possible, and fastest, way to optimize cardio.

HIIT, or high-intensity interval training, was the clear winner. This is going to sound like I'm trying to say I just met a unicorn, but four minutes of HIIT sparks the same fitness changes in the body (more muscle tone, cardio health, fat and calorie burn, and deep DNA repair) as if you had worked out for one to two hours in the gym. My scientific mind understood how this works, and I was sold. But much of the existing HIIT moves were too hard on the joints. I designed brand-new HIIT moves, or modified common ones, to make students stronger but joint-safer. I am a yogini, after all. And I love my practice, but it will never be enough to give us whole-benefit, fast, and slow-twitch muscle-activating holistic fitness. So, I fused the two into a HIIT-yoga experience that flows together quite seamlessly.

MT: You are naturally funny and rock star-ish. Have you always been this way, and do you incorporate your personality into your workouts?

SN: Why thank you! I think I'm absolutely hilarious. I'm glad at least one other person agrees. I grew up hanging out in the back of a van (uh...this is way less creepy than it sounds) and sleeping behind speakers at my mother's rock band shows and rehearsals. She would let me up onstage with her once in a while. I'm from Iowa, so there was little to do but drive around listening to Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, and the like. As soon as I could, I also joined a classic rock-style band, and I have one even now. I always thought of music as my birthright, and what you see in my Mohawk, style, and language today is a true and authentic expression of my deepest nature. This is why I always encourage all my clients to rock who they are too, anytime, anywhere.

MT: Tell me about the phrase you coined: "yoga shreds."

SN: I knew my HIIT moves were different enough from what's out there now that they needed a name. A cool, rockin' name. Hence, yoga shreds. They do "shred," which to me is more a description of the yang--fierce, empowering energy of the movements--than the other benefit, which is far more muscle tone and tightening all those things on our bodies gravity is having a grand old time trying to pull closer to the ground.

MT: Do you offer modifications for people who are newer to yoga or have injuries?

SN: Because I've had so much physical limitation, in any course I have, or will ever make, I constantly include variations of any move, so no one gets left behind. It's one of the most non-negotiable aspects of my teaching. I want every student to have the choice to fully rock it with me, wherever they are today.

MT: Your course also has tips for eating a healthy diet along with some recipes. What is your number one tip?

SN: I love food. As a woman with strong Italian-French heritage, you'll have to pry the pasta, butter, and red wine out of my cold, dead hands. So when it comes to looking and feeling our best, my number-one tip is always to keep your favorite foods, just eat clean. It sounds simple. Not so much! This doesn't mean to obsess over how "healthy" your food is, which can consume people's happiness. It means that whatever you love and choose to eat or drink, more often than not choose organic, biodynamic, eco-friendly, and from small local farms who don't use pesticides, hormones, and other destructive chemicals. Even my beloved wine can be full of herbicides, so I always drink biodynamic or organic wines. It's also important to me that everyone knows that, in my opinion, even though we are "shredding," we are not aiming to be fat-free or even to necessarily lose weight. Yoga Shreds creates an amazing metabolic boost, so we have to nourish up because, as I always say, "healthy is the new skinny." When your body is running well, and you are strong and mobile and passionate and vital inside and out, then whatever weight or shape you are is the right one for you.

MT: What do you say to people that are just having a hard time getting it together and starting a program?

SN: I'd say, welcome to the club. I don't think I've ever wanted to exercise one time in my life, yet I've done it thousands of times. I'd say, learn the power of discomfort. A few minutes of intensity can give you all the body-mind transformation you want. It's worth it. And finally, I'd say, choose which voice to listen to: the one giving you 500 reasons to not get on the yoga mat, to not pick the nourishing organic thing over the quick fix full of sugar and chemicals, or to skip your 15-minute workout again? Or the one who says, "I hear you, limiting voice...and I see you, the me who wants to rise and shine. I refuse to abandon you today. I want to live into my health and fun and confidence and strength over everything else. Today, I choose me." I'm here to be that voice, the whole way through, as my students strengthen their own.

Course Overview

If you're working out for more than 20-ish minutes a day, you could be wasting precious time and energy, and blocking many of your fitness benefits! Get ready for the workout that science proves is the most effective to build strength and burn calories in the least amount of time. This course from bestselling DailyOM course creator Sadie Nardini, was designed as a fusion of yoga and High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT, for you to reap all these benefits and see for yourself what a huge difference in body and health just a small amount of time each day can give you! HIIT does what yoga can't: cross-trains your fitness, amps up your heart rate/cardio system for optimized oxygen processing & fat burn, and activates fast-twitch muscle fibers (what tones, sculpts and defines your body). Yoga is a perfect complement to HIIT, since it targets slow-twitch muscle fibers, to keep you endurance-based strong, and it gives you cleansing and flexibility to aid in your HIIT power and transformation. Together they can't be beat as the most perfect exercise system available today.


How Does It Work?

Starting today, you will receive a new lesson every day for 3 weeks (total of 21 lessons). Each lesson is yours to keep and you'll be able to refer back to it whenever you want. And if you miss a lesson or are too busy to get to it that day, each lesson will conveniently remain in your account so you won't have to search for it when you're ready to get back to it.


Get Started Now

We are offering this course with the option of selecting how much you want to pay. No matter how much you pay, you'll be getting the same course as everybody else. We simply trust that people are honest and will support the author of the course with whatever they can afford. And if you are not 100% satisfied, we will refund your money.


How much do you want to pay?

$15$35$50

This is the total amount for all 21 lessons


Thank you, Sadie. I always love time spent with you, and thank you for all the good belly laughs along the way.

I have been fortunate to spend a lot of time with Sadie and watch her in action, and she really is an amazing teacher with a heart of gold. If you are intrigued and want to find out more about this course, please follow the link.

I'll see you back in this space soon.

Be well,

Madisyn Taylor
Cofounder, Editor-In-Chief
DailyOM